*Bending machine for guitar sides - Price starts at:
We start you off with the basic bending machine - you choose options to suit your needs. The basic price does not include the temperature controller or the bending blanket in case you already own them BUT these are critical safety items and if you don't already own them, you need to purchase them.
Additional molds can be purchased separately.
Basic bender includes:
- Bending Machine base w/rollers
- Mold and matching shoes of your choice
- SPBL13/SPBL13220 - 5.75" x 5.75" thermal blanket for waist bending
- SPB020 - .020" spring steel 5" x 5" slat (1) for waist support
- SPB008 - .008" spring steel 36" x 6" slats (2)
- Full set of instructions with photos
- TC120/TC220 Temperature controller w/2 thermocouples
- SPBL8/SPBL8220 - 36" x 6" thermal blanket for side bending
Product DescriptionDon't forget to save your customization to be able to add to cart
Click on the choices below to customize your product
Chrome / Firefox browsers are highly recommended. Internet Explorer is not recommended!
here is the list of option we recommend to chooseYou can click on item you want to choose
Are you sure you want to add to cart without choose them?
Share your customization with your firendsDownload image
Please update your browser
You are using an outdated version of your browser. To enjoy an optimal experience on our site, please update it.
TACTILE FEEDBACK: Since the temperature is controlled automatically, there is no need to rush the bend. The wood will neither get too hot nor cool off. Engage the wood until you feel it relax under the roller, and then press it into shape as its resistance subsides.
LMI BENDING MACHINE FEATURES:
- Open cantilever design provides easy front access for loading/unloading of wood/slat stack.
- The aluminum extrusion backbone is adjustable to accommodate smaller projects.
- Precision Machine head design incorporates interchangeable waist caul/shoe sets.
- Upgraded head press screw
- Compact size/Smaller footprint - The stable base houses the new temperature controller.
- Pre-drilled base for rigid bench mounting or our unique center pivot setup.
- Simple breakdown - 2 compact components
- Revolutionary roller clamp maintains constant spring tension.
- Silicone rubber sheathed roller for high-temperature no-slip bending.
- Stable Roller assembly won’t wander/drift under spring tension.
- New mold design adds continuous center support.
- Mold locks to base
- Compact Molds break down for easy storage.
- Full-length spring steel slats 0.008" provide greater functionality during bending.
- Unique waist spring steel slat 0.020"
Overview - The LMI Side Bender
Assembly of the LMI Side Bender
How to Use the LMI Side Bender
The LMI Side Bender Custom Mold Template Kit
- Shipping Restrictions - Location
- No Restrictions
- Tool Type or Function
- Bending - General
Steel spring steel???
I bought this bender a while back but just got around to using it. Well made. Easy to use. The controller works great. The forms are well made. Basically everything about this bender is top notch. EXCEPT the metal spring steel. Really!!! Not stainless??? They have blueing on them but the problem is they rusted with first use and the bluing stained my wood. I didn't use aluminum foil. Used chemical free kraft paper which I have used many times with my homemade ukulele side bender. But for that I have stainless spring steel. I'm going to throw away your steel and buy some stainless ones. For the price of this otherwise very nice bender, I would spend a few dollars more and upgrade to stainless spring steel.