Extra RL-Cure catalyst for Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed wood finish Not to be used with Royal-Lac Original
Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed wood finish is a shellac based finish formulated with a blend of synthetic resins. Post catalysis helps in creating a cross-linked polymer that is far superior in terms of fast curing, chemical resistance, and hardness. Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed is specially designed for spray equipment suitable for small to large scale finishing operations. It can also be brushed and padded/wiped on. French Polishing is not recommended.
Not to be used with Royal-Lac Original
The catalyst is supplied with the finish.
Benefits of Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed finish:
- Fast cure - curing is complete within 5-7 days after last application
- Quick drying - coats are dry in about 30 minutes; re-coat is recommended every 1 hour
- 4-5 coats can be sprayed within a span of 8 hours
Highsolids content of 40% by weight
- Low VOC - less than 275 grams/liter
- Ready for sanding and buffing after cure
- Looks and feels just like shellac but with exceptional durability
- Can withstand more than 150 MEK double rubs
- Hardens to greater than 6H Pencil Hardness
- Great adhesion due to shellac being a major component in the formulation
Mix Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed finish with the supplied catalyst in a 7:1 ratio, i.e. mix 7 parts of Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed with 1 part of RL-Cure catalyst. Use metal or glass containers for mixing. Plastic containers are not recommended. Only mix as much product as you will use. The pot-life of this product is 8-10 hours.
- Shipping Restrictions - Location
- USA 48 Contiguous States Only
- Finish Type
- Royal-Lac Catalyzed
No customer reviews for the moment.