Royal-lac post-catalyzed wood finish, super blond, includes RL-Cure catalyst, 1 quart
Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed wood finish is a shellac-based finish formulated with a blend of synthetic resins. Post-catalysis helps in creating a cross-linked polymer that is far superior in terms of fast curing, chemical resistance, and hardness. Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed is specially designed for spray equipment suitable for small to large scale finishing operations. It can also be brushed and padded/wiped on. French Polishing is not recommended.
Clear Coat: 1 quart, 32 ounces
Catalyzer: 4.7 ounces
Limited Time Offer!
Benefits of Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed finish:
- Fast cure - curing is complete within 5-7 days after the last application
- Quick-drying - coats are dry in about 30 minutes; re-coat is recommended every 1 hour
- 4-5 coats can be sprayed within a span of 8 hours
- High solids content of 40% by weight
- Low VOC - less than 275 grams/liter
- Ready for sanding and buffing after cure
- Looks and feels just like shellac but with exceptional durability
- Can withstand more than 150 MEK double rubs
- Hardens to greater than 6H Pencil Hardness
- Great adhesion due to shellac being a major component in the formulation
If denatured alcohol is unavailable in your state, equipment can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol which is readily available. Acetone is also a good alternative.
To dilute Royal-Lac, denatured alcohol is recommended, but if denatured alcohol is difficult to get one can use an 85:15 (5.67:1) mixture of Isopropyl alcohol: acetone. If the user finds that the open time is too long, the addition of a bit of acetone will remedy the situation. Conversely for increasing open time isopropyl alcohol can be added. Therefore, an 85:15 mixture is a good starting point.
Mix Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed finish with the supplied catalyst in a 7:1 ratio, i.e. mix 7 parts of Royal-Lac Post Catalyzed with 1 part of RL-Cure catalyst. Use metal or glass containers for mixing. Plastic containers are not recommended. Only mix as much product as you will use. The pot-life of this product is 8-10 hours.
Video: Using Royal Lac Post-Catalyzed Wood Finish
Coverage depends on how the finish is applied. If sprayed, a lot of finish is wasted due to overspray loss. If brushed, some finish is wasted due to leveling. Padding is where the least loss takes place. Based on the above, a thumb rule can be applied. A pint is required for a single guitar with some leftover if it is sprayed, brushed, or padded. Therefore, it would be safe to assume that 2 pints or a quart will be sufficient for 3 guitars.
- Shipping Restrictions - Location
- USA 48 Contiguous States Only
- Finish Type
- Royal-Lac Catalyzed
No customer reviews for the moment.